Space Cat Press is a small press publishing several titles a year. In addition to commissioned work, we open occasional submission windows for space-themed anthologies.
We are not currently accepting novel or poetry collection submissions.
We are a non-profit organisation run on a shoestring budget. We patch up our rockets with whatever is to hand and fling them skywards on a wing and a prayer.
Here at Space Cat Press, we like to shake things up genre-wise as, in our experience, this makes for a creative combustion. Whatever space inspires you to write, be it traditional sci-fi, weird fiction or steampunk fairytales, we want to read it.
We hope to see submissions in any of the following forms:
- Short stories
- Creative non-fiction
- Flash fiction
Space Cat Press welcomes diverse voices and stories. We encourage writers from under-represented groups to send us your work. Just make sure your submission fits our current theme and publication guidelines.
Submissions are now: OPEN!
The theme for our first anthology is “Race for the Stars”. All submissions should connect loosely to a Space Race (past, present, imaginary). Memoirs, pieces about astronauts, alternative histories, and commentaries are all welcome.
Some broader prompts include the drive towards space exploration, technological advancements inspired by personal/international competition, the human cost of rapid technological advancement, and humanity’s unfolding place among the stars.
When submitting, please follow the following submission guidelines:
- Send your submission to email@example.com
- Please put your submission title in the subject line of your email.
- Fiction/non-fiction submission should be no more than 3,000 words.
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines.
- Please do not send us more than three pieces.
- When submitting more than one piece, please send each as a separate Word or PDF file.
- Submit in Times New Roman or Calibri at 12 pt where possible.