Space Cat Press is a small press publishing several titles a year. In addition to commissioned work, we open occasional submission windows for space-themed anthologies.
We are not currently accepting novel or poetry collection submissions.
Space Cat Press welcomes diverse voices and stories. We encourage writers from under-represented groups to send us your work. Just make sure your submission fits our current theme and publication guidelines.
Here at Space Cat Press, we like to shake things up genre-wise as, in our experience, this makes for a creative combustion. Whatever space inspires you to write, be it traditional sci-fi, weird fiction or steampunk fairytales, we want to read it.
We hope to see submissions in any of the following forms:
- Short stories
- Creative non-fiction
- Flash fiction
We will pay a flat rate fee for each piece published in an anthology and offer a complimentary copy per author. The rate will be £5 for poems and flash fiction pieces (up to 1,000 words) and £10 for longer prose (1,000-3,000 words).
Submissions are now: OPEN!
Submissions will be open until the 31st of January 2019.
The theme for our first anthology is “Race for the Stars”. All submissions should connect loosely to a Space Race (past, present, imaginary). Memoirs, pieces about astronauts, alternative histories, and commentaries are all welcome.
Some broader prompts include the drive towards space exploration, technological advancements inspired by personal/international competition, the human cost of rapid technological advancement, and humanity’s unfolding place among the stars.
We will accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
When submitting, please follow the following submission guidelines:
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put your submission title in the subject line of your email.
- Fiction/non-fiction submission should be no more than 3,000 words.
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines.
- Please do not send us more than three pieces.
- When submitting more than one piece, please send each as a separate Word or PDF file.
- Submit in Times New Roman or Calibri at 12 pt where possible.